ACTIVITIES OF THE DAY (Eid al-Adha 2021)


#AOTD Eid al-Adha Edition

Eid al-Adha is the latter of the two official holidays celebrated within Islam. It honors the willingness of Ibrahim to sacrifice his son Ishmael as an act of obedience to God's command. The tradition for Eid al-Adha involves slaughtering an animal and sharing the meat in three equal parts, for family, for relatives and friends, and for poor people. The goal is to make sure every Muslim gets to eat meat. The celebration has a clear message of devotion, kindness and equality. Eid al-Adha falls on the 10th day of Dhu al-Hijjah and lasts for three days.

July 20, 2021 was Eid al-Adha. Let me tell you my activities for that day.

I woke up at 4:55 am. After that, I would take a shower. My outfit for that day was just a sweater with trousers.

At half past five in the morning, I took a breath of fresh air outside while holding my cousin, Aisha. The weather was so cold with a very beautiful sky. May Allah gives us happiness.

Because I had my period, so I couldn't pray eid al-adha. I decided to study for college preparation. We do not need long in learning, but we need to be consistent.

After my family finished the eid prayer, we went to the musholla to have a meal with our neighbors. People brought various kinds of food to eat together. It was tradition to be grateful for the blessings of Allah by eating together after eid prayer. We didn't forget to always wear a mask and wash our hands after that.

Next I helped my mother to hang the clothes out to dry. This is my morning activity everyday.

My family and I went to my grandma's house. Too bad I came late to grandma's house. Sacrificial animals were slaughtered before I got there. People helped each other. There were people who disposed of animal waste, washed their internal organs, and cooked for lunch together.

After seeing the sacrifice, I felt hungry and decided to eat noodles with my mother. Then, I relaxed for a while with my cousin, Aisyah, Zilla, and Aca my sister. Zilla and Aca were playing games together. I was bored and I decided to watch youtube. I really like listening to Olivia Rodrigo's songs. This is recommendation from my bestie.

Then, I would have lunch. I went outside to get rice and side dishes. Then ate inside to be away from the crowds of people. The menu of that day was the typical food of Demak Regency, namely Kropokhan rice made from buffalo meat and white pumpkin. It was so delicious!

Finally I had come home from my grandma and I had also changed my clothes to take a nap. I woke up at 3.20 pm then would get ready to take a shower. I had an appointment with my friends, Alliyarifda and Tsani. We hung out together at “Kedai Gareji” near my house.

At night, I just did my math homework then went to sleep. That's all about my activities on Eid al-Adha. Thank you! Don't forget to always obey the health protocols. Stay safe and stay healthy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Application Letter

It's Your Birthday, Thalita!!!

CAPTION TEXT