INTERPRETATION OF THE SONG

 "PERFECT" by Simple Plan

Interpretation of "Perfect" by Simple Plan

Lyrics

Interpretation

Hey, Dad, look at me
Think back, and talk to me
Did I grow up according to plan?
And do you think I'm wasting my time
Doing things I wanna do?
But it hurts when you disapproved all along
And now I try hard to make it
I just want to make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
Can't pretend that I'm alright
And you can't change me

A child who wants a deep talk with his father to talk about dreams. Father wants his son to follow his expectations, even though the child doesn't like it. The child only wants to do what he likes, but the father is not supportive. He will keep trying to make it happen and prove to his father that he can make his father proud. Indeed, it cannot fulfill his father’s wishes because the child cannot be pressured.

 

'Cause we lost it all
Nothin' lasts forever
I'm sorry I can't be perfect
Now it's just too late
And we can't go back
I'm sorry I can't be perfect

They lose what they have because nothing can last in the world forever. The child feels imperfect after growing up. He also knows that he cannot return to childhood.

 

I try not to think
About the pain I feel inside
Did you know you used to be my hero?
All the days you spent with me
Now seem so far away
And it feels like you don't care any more
And now I try hard to make it
I just wanna make you proud
I'm never gonna be good enough for you
I can't stand another fight
And nothing's all right

The child tries not to think about the pain and sadness that he feels. In the past, father was a hero to him. Father always had time to play and chat with him. However, now it can't be felt anymore. Father seemed to ignore him. But his son will still try to make him proud even though it is not quite priceless in his eyes. The son did not want any disagreements between him and his father.

 

Nothing's gonna change the things that you said
And nothing's gonna make this right again
Please don't turn your back
I can't believe it's hard just to talk to you
But you don't understand

The child still wants to be himself with the support of his father, but dad didn't do it.  He still wants his father to always be with him  until his goals are achieved, but dad is hard to understand.

 


The conclusion of the lyrics interpretations above:

This song is about father who really pressure their teenagers to become the perfect image according to their hopes, even though all they want is to do what they aspire to be and be themselves. They just want to grow to be what they want and how they should fight for it.

The son told his father that he was born imperfect and could never be perfect in life. He could not fully fulfill what his father expected. The boy feels that his father's character is different from when he was a child. In the past, his father used to spend time with him, but now he can't. The son just wants to prove to his father that he can grow up and realize the things he wants to do even if his father doesn't support him. Although many are unsure of his abilities and always get in his way, he always insists on fulfilling his dream to make his father proud.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Application Letter

It's Your Birthday, Thalita!!!

CAPTION TEXT